What is this?

JDL

Noticed a leak on my driveway and found the source. What is this? Also, need a ballpark estimate for repair at a mechanic shop.

IMG_9272.jpeg

IMG_9268.jpeg

Reactions: vaffanculo
What year and is it a auto trans?

It's hard to tell what color the leak is from the pictures, is it dark like engine or trans oil?

Those rubber hoses over time start getting hard and shrink especially in the cold, so the ends that have the aluminum crimps around them will start to seep. The best thing to do is to replace them with a new assembly, but i've cut the aluminum clamps off before and used hose clamps to make them stop leaking. 2 clamps on each end will make it quit leaking, but you'll still have old hose though.

Those rubber hoses over time start getting hard and shrink especially in the cold, so the ends that have the aluminum crimps around them will start to seep. The best thing to do is to replace them with a new assembly, but i've cut the aluminum clamps off before and used hose clamps to make them stop leaking. 2 clamps on each end will make it quit leaking, but you'll still have old hose though.
Good reply thats what I was going too say just cut the hose and replace it with a good hose like the rubber fuel line type and use a screw clamp