What is this noise?

Is it a squeak or the brake pad wear metal piece?

About the only other thing that could make a noise when moving would be the hub unit bearing.

Is it a squeak or the brake pad wear metal piece?

About the only other thing that could make a noise when moving would be the hub unit bearing.
It happens only when braking. As soon as I take my foot of the brake or the Jeep stops moving it stops. I don't know enough about brakes and I've never heard this kind of noise before. My suspects: warped rotor, something with the brake pad, or slightly bent axle causing the rotor to contact the brake pad unevenly.

It's easy to hear in the Jeep, but Apple tries to "help" the recording by automatically turning up the microphone gain until the background road noise drowns out the brake sound. Maybe there is an app that will help make a better recording.

I'll bet it's the metal low brake material warning strip since it mainly does it when the brakes are applied.

A warped rotor you would feel the brake pedal pulse when the brakes are applied.

The warning strip is just that. It's a small cheap piece of metal that is intentionally designed to make noise when the brake pads get low. Thus letting the driver know it is time to change the brakes pads.

I also can hear nothing in the clip, but that is my guess. A bad wheel bearing would probably get quieter when the brake is applied.

Take to a shop and tell then about the noise. If they say it's time for new brakes get all four tires done.

Reactions: mrjp
It happens only when braking. As soon as I take my foot of the brake or the Jeep stops moving it stops. I don't know enough about brakes and I've never heard this kind of noise before. My suspects: warped rotor, something with the brake pad, or slightly bent axle causing the rotor to contact the brake pad unevenly.

It's easy to hear in the Jeep, but Apple tries to "help" the recording by automatically turning up the microphone gain until the background road noise drowns out the brake sound. Maybe there is an app that will help make a better recording.
If it were a warped rotor you would feel your break pedal pulsate. Have your breaks inspected

Reactions: Daddyo2373 and mrjp
take wheel off post pic of brake pad & rotor both inner & outer.
Heard nothing in clip but you post reads as your brake chirp AKA just about time for a brake job.