What is a fair price for a 2010 JK Mountain Edition?

chino1969

I'm helping a friend with a JK they found for sale as their TJ caught fire and is trashed. They found a 2010 JK Mountain edition with 124,000 miles, automatic. I'm told it is clean but will have to examine myself, particularly the inner frame. I do have a bore scope. The Jeep comes with a hard top, soft top, cover for when soft top is off and is clean inside. Owned by an older lady who wants to sell. Any issues or things to be concerned with? What would a fair asking price be? Thanks in advance to any replies.

The good thing about these JK's the frames aren't a problem like the older ones. The exhaust manifolds had a cracking problem, wouldn't hurt to bring a scanner to see if any codes.

Hopefully it's in Rescue Green!

The various editions that jeep puts out are pretty much just paint and stickers. They do tend to look cool and the event this edition commemorates was a PR boost for Jeep, but really you can just check the KBB and see what the going price is for what you are looking at.

I ran a CarFax using the VIN and it has been well maintained, no accidents, flood, etc.. The lady is asking $10,800 for it. No apparent rust inside frame. CarFax lists it as being worth $14,000.

I ran a CarFax using the VIN and it has been well maintained, no accidents, flood, etc.. The lady is asking $10,800 for it. No apparent rust inside frame. CarFax lists it as being worth $14,000.
Sounds like a buy to me . I would go for it.

Sorry buddy, you know the drill...

This thread is worthless without pics

Chris, yeah I know but this Jeep is not for me. It is for a couple of friends. They are on vacation for 2 weeks and when they return I will hopefully get some pics. to post. The husband has had CJs and TJs and will be checking it out thoroughly once they return. Their older Jeep, which their kids drive, recently burned up in a fire. The husband was driving with the wife following. She noticed a small flame under the vehicle and had him pull over. Not having a fire extinguisher, the Jeep was quickly consumed.

1594664514245.png

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
Chris, yeah I know but this Jeep is not for me but here are some pics of the fire. It is for a couple of friends. They are on vacation for 2 weeks and when they return I will hopefully get some pics. to post. The husband has had CJs and TJs and will be checking it out thoroughly once they return. Their older Jeep, which their kids drive, recently burned up in a fire. The husband was driving with the wife following. She noticed a small flame under the vehicle and had him pull over. Not having a fire extinguisher, the Jeep was quickly consumed. He suspects trans. fluid leaked on the cat as the fire was slow in growing; unlike a fuel fire. Everyone should carry a fire extinguisher.

View attachment 116283
1594664669199.png

Last edited: