Water leaking after a rain or going through carwash

Daved350

I got my 2012 Wrangler Sahara in January of this year. Just noticed whenever it rains or I go through a car wash I get quite a bit of water on the front passenger floorboard. I don’t get any water anywhere else in the vehicle. The first time I took the doors off I got some dirt on the door seal along the front leaning edge of the seal, but I cleaned it completely and still got water during the first rain after cleaning it. Does anyone have/had this issue and what might be a solution?

This is what I did and it helped a lot. Added weather stripping to stop water from running down that channel.

IMG_3687.jpeg

IMG_3688.jpeg

IMG_3686.jpeg

When I Piloted my JK off the Dealer lot spanking new, it soon started leaking Starboard then Port, then Bow and lastly Stern. They gave me all new stock seals, ( Warranty). In 2011 I pulled my forward carpets and left
20240823_175943.jpg
20240823_180002.jpg
the drain plugs out. Only had an issue when we had our 100yr flood, I went out with the ducks circumventing our road, and forgot the plugs were out. Good Times.

Reactions: Anybodyhome
I did that about 10 days ago or so, lol. Took a back road to cut through an area too close to the Tar River and had to crawl through high water. Took about 5 seconds to remember the driver's side plug was in the console.

Brings up a question for those who may have an answer...

If I pull all the carpets and go with a BedTred type product, are they already cut for the drain plugs?

Reactions: TROY66/68
I did that about 10 days ago or so, lol. Took a back road to cut through an area too close to the Tar River and had to crawl through high water. Took about 5 seconds to remember the driver's side plug was in the console.

Brings up a question for those who may have an answer...

If I pull all the carpets and go with a BedTred type product, are they already cut for the drain plugs?

My Bedtred was not cut for drain plugs.

• Sad
Welcome to the jeep leak. We all have it at some point. There is a company out who developed new door seals and a couple vids on YouTube of a guy installing them. Supposed to fix it. I, like many others just went the home depot weather strip mod.
Dont panic, nothing bad will come of it as jeep designed these rigs to handle water inside and out. But its annoying regardless.