Water in cab after heavy rain

Hooperdog

JK Enthusiast
Hi New here, thanks for accepting.. I had some water in my new to me 2 dr JK the other day. Carpets wet in both foot wells. we did get a ton of rain over the course of 3 days and I do not drive it everyday. I'm thinking it's from the cowl vent, we got "lots" of rain. but it still shouldn't leak should it?

If you have a hardtop, it's more than likely from the freedom panels. Those are a very, very common source of leaking on these things. The best thing to do is get in the vehicle and have someone spray it with a hose while you sit in it. Look for leaks while they do so.

Reactions: Anybodyhome
And one of the most notorious places is the front center right above the rear view. Be very careful as the water will drip right on the stereo. See the loop in this photo? I've wrapped mine in a textured electrical tape (2 layers) so the latch will remain tight. You could also remove the loop and add a couple small washers.

1598892756243.png

If you still put in the "screw" pieces in the sport bar when putting your freedom panels on, that is probably why it is leaking. Most of the people I know take them out and leave them out.

Reactions: Anybodyhome
If you still put in the "screw" pieces in the sport bar when putting your freedom panels on, that is probably why it is leaking. Most of the people I know take them out and leave them out.
Especially if they're over-tightened. The screws will pull the rear portion of the panel tight to the roll bar/sport bar and tend to push if off the front top edge of the windshield frame. The 2 above-visor clips and the single latch are not going to compete with the screw keepers.