Washer Fluid Leaking Under Seat?

SocalRugger

Hi all- found a few topics in this forum but nothing that matched my issue. I recently swapped my hard top for a soft top and thus, dont need to use the rear washer wiper/fluid anymore so I disconnected the hose and capped off. This morning I found a small puddle behind the drivers seat in the 2nd row and noticed the washer fluid reservoir was empty so guessing gravity pushed the fluid out of the hose somewhere in that area so perhaps there is a leak. Wondering if it is okay to cap off the rear hose in the engine bay area or should I cap off somewhere downstream? Thanks in advance!

So, most likely whatever leaked was the remaining amount in the line itself. I've read in several other forums the fluid cannot even get into the line without power (hitting the spray button).

"The Jeep manual is a bit thin on how to do this. The hose has a plastic fitting just before it enters the hard top. The plastic has an area that has some knurl marks on it. There are two on opposite sides of the fitting that is attached to the hose. What you have to do is squeeze those two together. it takes a lot of squeeze to get these to give. At any rate, what you're doing is "rounding" the fitting. Hold the pressure and pull it down from the hose. If it's done right, it will slide out easily. There is no worry about leakage unless you hit the spray switch.
If you're removing the hard top, you may have issues with disconnecting the electrical cable as well. That one is easier. there is a little red tab on one side of the fitting. Push on the side that is sticking out so as to slide it into the connector. You will have to be sure that the tab that was sticking up is now flush with the side of the connector. When in proper position, the connector will come apart easily."

Matter of fact, I also read there's a small clip or place to stash the hose when the hardtop is removed. Supposedly along the rollcage:

"On my 12 there's a place on the left rear rollbar plastic for placing the wire and hose between the roll bar and the edge of the jeep."

Go to the 50 sec mark or so....

So, most likely whatever leaked was the remaining amount in the line itself. I've read in several other forums the fluid cannot even get into the line without power (hitting the spray button).

"The Jeep manual is a bit thin on how to do this. The hose has a plastic fitting just before it enters the hard top. The plastic has an area that has some knurl marks on it. There are two on opposite sides of the fitting that is attached to the hose. What you have to do is squeeze those two together. it takes a lot of squeeze to get these to give. At any rate, what you're doing is "rounding" the fitting. Hold the pressure and pull it down from the hose. If it's done right, it will slide out easily. There is no worry about leakage unless you hit the spray switch.
If you're removing the hard top, you may have issues with disconnecting the electrical cable as well. That one is easier. there is a little red tab on one side of the fitting. Push on the side that is sticking out so as to slide it into the connector. You will have to be sure that the tab that was sticking up is now flush with the side of the connector. When in proper position, the connector will come apart easily."

Matter of fact, I also read there's a small clip or place to stash the hose when the hardtop is removed. Supposedly along the rollcage:

"On my 12 there's a place on the left rear rollbar plastic for placing the wire and hose between the roll bar and the edge of the jeep."

Go to the 50 sec mark or so....

thx for the video Anybody-----the area around the disconnect is completely dry so Im guessing there must be another connect around the area of the back seat just behind the drivers seat. I will pull up the carpet to see where the leak could be coming from but makes sense that it would be the residual from the line