Warranty Question

Bfunck

Good afternoon......so I bought a 2017 Jeep wrangler today. When buying from the dealer he mentioned a All State warranty as an option, everything sounded good until I mentioned that is had a lift kit...he then said no problem we can just add the additional coverage for only $600. When I asked if there would ever be a issue would I get the normal run around. He could not give me a straight answer. My question is does anyone offer an extended warranty that would cover a jeep with a lift kit on it, and if so what kind of price should I be looking at?

20240315_101952.jpg

Reactions: BigAL07
If there were ever to be an issue, the warranty company would have to prove the aftermarket part(s) caused the problem with the part that went bad for them to say sorry it's not covered because of x, y, & z was installed.

Reactions: Danarch
If there were ever to be an issue, the warranty company would have to prove the aftermarket part(s) caused the problem with the part that went bad for them to say sorry it's not covered because of x, y, & z was installed.
I know that's true of manufacturers warranties, but does the Magnusson-Moss Act apply to purchased Service Contracts provided by third party companies? I'm not a lawyer, but reading THIS makes me inclined to say no. It's written by lawyers, so it's not what you'd call clear and concise, but the gist of it seems to be "Service Contracts are not warranties, despite being referred to as extended warranties and are regulated by State Insurance laws, not the MMWA".

Reactions: JeepJeezy