Wanting to have a 4-channel DVR and have it display to an aftermarket head unit

AbileneJKU

I am looking to install 4 cameras to my 2018 JKU (F,B,L,R)… and would like to be able to record video from each. Most all mobile DVR's come with a separate monitor. I would like to instead have this displayed and accessible through a head unit, with the ability to switch from one camera view to the next. Surely this has been done, but I have been unable to actually locate anywhere online where it has. Simply put, id like to use the head unit as a monitor, possibly by using an AUX Video input. Can someone point me in the right direction as to what head unit (or dvr for that matter) to purchase? I can care less about sound as I am not an audiophile. I have looked at the seicane android unit and it seems good, but surely there are other options.

I would for sure call up Crutchfield. In addition to selling good stuff, their tech support is very, very helpful and super easy to get ahold of. Let us know what you find (y)

I would look for a 4 channel camera DVR/switcher. 4 channels in with 1 output to the headunit will allow you to switch between cameras live or recorded. Not sure what head unit you have, my JK is a 15' Sahara with the Alpine sound system. Alpine does not make the head unit though. I did find a link (will have to search again) for a simple kit to add a back up camera. All that is, is adding a video input, seems like it would be fairly simple. I'll see if I can find the link, but, your head unit may be different, still may have a kit available for yours. If you already have a B/U camera it would make your installation even easier. (use a 5 or 6 input switcher) Crutchfield DOES have excellent products, sales and technical support. May want to start with them.