V51 PCM Recall (Magnuson Supercharger Program)

bduunning

Hey everyone. So I had my 2014 JK at the dealer for a couple of recalls. They did the air bag recall work but I refused the V51 PCM code check and possible reprogram because I didn't want to lose the magnusan supercharger tune that is installed. Now the DMV won't renew my registration unless I have it done. From what I read online it may pass without the need for a flash reprogram but if it does I'm not sure where that leaves me for options. I have not called Magnusan yet but plan to after the 4th holiday weekend. Any thoughts or advice?

I would think you should have a way to save the tune and retune to stock. Then after the recall is performed reinstall your tune.

I will check into that when I call Magnuson Superchargers tomorrow. From what I've read, the risk would be potential engine damage from running it lean with a stock tune. Perhaps it would not be an issue since it is a 10 minute ride to the dealer. I assume saving the tune would require more than simple code reader I have now.

Reactions: mrjp
I don’t have a a super charger but use a Procal tune. I reversed it to stock before the recall and then brought my tuner. As soon as it came out of the shop I put the tune back on in the parking lot.

I would think you could do the same, if you backed up the tune.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrjp
I’ve got a ripp supercharger on my Jeep it has the Diablo tune , I’ve also got a letter about the v51 recall took it to the dealer they didn’t want to touch it because it was tuned , bottom line how did you handle your recall , dmv is holding on to my registration and tags

I’ve got a ripp supercharger on my Jeep it has the Diablo tune , I’ve also got a letter about the v51 recall took it to the dealer they didn’t want to touch it because it was tuned , bottom line how did you handle your recall , dmv is holding on to my registration and tags
Reinstall the stock tune. Take it to the dealer. After you pick it up, reinstall the blower tune.

Most of these tunes have option to retune as many times. I am not sure why Magnusan refused it. American Muscle is one of the top notch choice for jeepers or cars enthusiastics to get their vehicles tuned. Comes with a lot of option, 93 Tune, E85 Tune, Pretty much you name it and they have it. I would suggest look into them if you are having to purchase this all over again. This way in the future if some happens you can switch back and forth as you please.