Update on TwoDoorOverland

IndominusHuman

JK Enthusiast
Well, haven’t posted an update in a while so figured I would.

mad I have said before, building a rig during a pandemic is rough (whether that’s because of actual supply chain issues or just people using the excuse.)
Still waiting on the roof rack (week 14), but that is to be expected.
I have half of my fenders in. The fronts are on backorder and expected to ship next month.
I will order all of my lights around June/July so that they are here before the roof rack.

Small upgrades include the Vector Off-road JKE dock and 67 designs mount.
JL hood latches.
Did new brakes (pads and rotors). Didn’t go with the big brake kit as I really haven’t had any issue stopping the 35s.
Finally got the JScan app and reprogrammed the ECU for correct tire size. The PO had a larger tire size than what was actually being run. They went off the manufacture specs rather than the actual measurements. Getting the shift points in the correct spot is a game changer. I was averaging 17ish combined mpg before. Now I’m at 19 believe it or not (city and Highway)

Next will be the Midland MTX275 GMRS radio which I will probably order tomorrow.
I will go with a swag for sleeping arrangements, but am using a hammock currently. (If you’ve never spent the night in a hammock, you are truly missing out)

The build got a kick start when I started the local branch of Rigs and Coffee. It has been great hanging out with and going on rides with not only Jeeps, but lots of other rigs.

I’m not super consistent on here, but if anyone has any questions about plans or what’s been done. Let me know.
If you want to keep up, I post more on my build Instagram @twodooroverland
Shameless plug. 😂

7CE7EB81-B3C1-442B-94F8-AC662F613035.jpeg

88C2CBCC-1487-4060-A531-2C734E619A92.jpeg

FF074441-97D4-424E-B95A-60FBC6A389D9.jpeg

9F64C599-838B-4375-B10E-B887A7C91740.jpeg

298C0101-9447-4BB0-8BE2-7B8B5523AD6B.jpeg

Reactions: Link1989 and mrjp
Received the front set of flares today. Will get them to powder coat once i get back from my trip through the Smokys.

Added to the future modifications list are now:

ARB twin air compressor and mount (debating on under seat and under hood).
AEV Snorkel as in Arkansas hydro locking is a real concern, but it will also be nice for cooler temps and dusty rides.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrjp and Largehit71