Turn Signal/fog light relay issues

Tbrown221987

So recently had a shop replace my ECM on my 2011 Sahara 4dr, and now when I engage the fog light pull lever, nothing happens, and when I use my turn signal, my fog lights blink left/right respectively.

I can confirm that all lights work, but not sure what to do. Any help is appreciated!

Well that is odd. Something's up with the program of the ECM as all lights are controlled there.

My first advice is to take it back to the shop and have them make it right, unless you bought the ECM someplace else and just had them do the install, then they may do something if you ask nice. (which you should always do regardless)

If you did get the ECM someplace else (Meaning the shop doesn't warranty it) You may be able to use a programming app (Like Jscan, much loved on these forums). I doubt there were vastly different ECMs between models, but 2011 is an odd year. Jeeps still had the 3.8 but had all updated electronics, meaning I'm fairly certain that only a 2011 ECM would work.. could be wrong. Could be that the ECM just needs to be told it's a 2011.

Sorry, bit of a mind dump there.

Thank you, MacGuyver. Unfortunately this was the result of a breakdown while out of state. That said, you did remind me that the shop did warranty for 10,000 miles so I'm going to call them and see how this works given they're in Fl and I'm now in Ga. Thank you sir!

It is odd because every other electrical works fine

Reactions: mrjp and MacGuyver