Trying to wire in a brake controller on 2018 JK with factory tow package

DDFABRICATING

Hello, I am trying to wire in a brake controller. Ive been told that I need to splice the wires in. What I have not been told is where those wires can be found, The 7 pin connector at the back has all the wires needed for wiring it in. I just dont know where those wires terminate. I realize that I can run new wires back but it seems the wires are already there somewhere.

In the past I've been told that the brake controller wire is in the - underneath the steering wheel area I would find out what color pin number 7 is on your plug and look for that color under the under the steering wheel

In the past I've been told that the brake controller wire is in the - underneath the steering wheel area I would find out what color pin number 7 is on your plug and look for that color under the under the steering wheel
Excellent! Great start. At this moment I have not found any terminated wires under there. I suppose its time to start un-taping.

Found out the color of the wire on pin 7 and look for it in the area below the steering wheel. That is where most controllers are mounted. I had a 2005 Grand Cherokee with the factory tow package and that is what I was told where to find the wire.

SOLVED! Thank you all for your replies. It was a great help. So here's the story. On the 2018 there is no brake control plug. In this case with the factory tow package, the blue wire is run up front to the engine bay and looped and taped to a harness next to the battery. ( I will attempt to attach a pic.)

brake wire.jpg

Reactions: mrjp and BLACKJKU
SOLVED! Thank you all for your replies. It was a great help. So here's the story. On the 2018 there is no brake control plug. In this case with the factory tow package, the blue wire is run up front to the engine bay and looped and taped to a harness next to the battery. ( I will attempt to attach a pic.)

View attachment 122713

It was nice of them doing that saves people alot of work trying to route that wire to the back.

Reactions: mrjp