Trim restorer/dye on tires?

Moab

JK Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I have had great success with the trim product Shine Supply Trim Paint on my plastic trim.

Thread 'THE BEST PRODUCT AND TECHNIQUE FOR RESTORING PLASTIC TRIM.' https://wranglerjkforum.net/threads/the-best-product-and-technique-for-restoring-plastic-trim.31557/

I was wondering if anyone had tried any trim dyes on tires?

The main ingedient in trim dyes (versus trim dressings) is "carbon black". Which is the main ingredient in tires themselves that makes them black.

This would be a semi permenant solution for treating tires. As it lasts for years not weeks. And I have a bad case of brake dust build up on my tires. That I'm having a hard time removing with tire cleaner.

I never tried trim on tires. To remove break grime on your tires, I found that Purple Power works great. Spray it on your tires when they are dry. You can watch the grime melt away. You can scrub them or use high power setting on hose and rinse away.

I never tried trim on tires. To remove break grime on your tires, I found that Purple Power works great. Spray it on your tires when they are dry. You can watch the grime melt away. You can scrub them or use high power setting on hose and rinse away.
I have LA Awesome. I should try that. Its similar.

I tried the below product. First spray looked like stuff was melting off. Hosed it on high pressure. But once dried not much had come off. So I did it two more times with a big scrub brush. And these were the results after drying. Not very good.

I'm sure I'll get it off eventually. But would really like to try trim dye. It lasts for well over a year.
20230924_172423.jpg
20230924_172411.jpg
20230924_172357.jpg

Once fully dried it doesn't look as bad. But still gonna keep at it.

20230925_184533.jpg

Check the plastic trim? Bumpers, door handles, side mirrors. It turned out great. And that stuff lasts for like 2 yrs plus.

Reactions: JeepJeezy