Transmission shuttering

Barnyard2010

My 2010 Wrangler JK. auto trans shutters around when it goes into O/D. Changed fluid & filter, also put slippage additive. Don't seem to slip just shutter like a vibration.

Why the slippage additive? Further more, did you drain the torque converter too? My understanding is a filter change and pan drop is the best way to refresh the fluid, while leaving what is in the converter as is.

But more than anything, a high mileage transmission is better left alone than drained, unless its been regularly serviced. Ultimately, my understanding is that heat is a transmission killer. So a cooler goes a long way for preserving one.

Why the slippage additive? Further more, did you drain the torque converter too? My understanding is a filter change and pan drop is the best way to refresh the fluid, while leaving what is in the converter as is.

But more than anything, a high mileage transmission is better left alone than drained, unless its been regularly serviced. Ultimately, my understanding is that heat is a transmission killer. So a cooler goes a long way for preserving one.
It only has 98k miles. I added slippage fluid because I looked up what fluids does it required and it said ATF 4 & slippage additive. I'd not chg torque converter. I'll look into a cooler, but it probably won't solve my issue

It only has 98k miles. I added slippage fluid because I looked up what fluids does it required and it said ATF 4 & slippage additive. I'd not chg torque converter. I'll look into a cooler, but it probably won't solve my issue
Ok, then you've done the right thing. And I wasn't aware the older JK's require slippage additive. So I learned something new.

Hopefully, worst case it's a reprogramming issue and nothing mechanical. Keep the thread advised as you work through it. Always good to have the info avail for other Jeepers with similar questions.

Best regards!

Reactions: BigAL07 and mrjp
I read that if you hold the throttle pedal to the floor with the key on and not running it will program your JK tranny. Seemed to help, but the verdict it still out.... 🤞

Reactions: BigAL07