Transfer case won't go into gear

Moparman

hello all, new here. Wife was driving last night and all of a sudden the transmission just died. No noise no shaking, jerking nothing. No matter what gear I put it into the motor just revs up like she’s still in neutral. I put in in 2and 4 wheel dr and nothing. Also when I do put in in drive and switch over to paddle shift it won’t read on the dash. Checked fuses and the linkage is all connected. 2012 wrangler with auto transmission. What the hell could it be? Tia

You have checked the transmission fluid? I ask because you didn't specifically mention this. We'll go from there. does shifting the transfer case feel different?

You have checked the transmission fluid? I ask because you didn't specifically mention this. We'll go from there. does shifting the transfer case feel different?

What was the first year that they removed the dipstick on the auto's?

Yes has plenty of fluid. And nothing on the transfer case. Tried 4 and 4 Lo. And it shows on the dash that it’s changing but still no movement

This may be a stupid question, but is it throwing any codes at all?

Sure sounds linkage related though.