Traction Control Light On, Stuttering Startup Crank

Konyay

So last week upon starting up my 2008 Jk Unlimited it had a long stuttering startup crank, eventually catching once the Jeep started my traction control light turned on and stayed on. Driving for a bit I experienced really bad acceleration and latency when giving it gas.

The next day I went out and the Jeep started just fine, and drove fine for the most part.

Now the Jeep stutters when starting and the Traction Control light stays on once again.

I was planning on replacing my steering stabilizer because mine looks pretty seized but highly doubt that’s causing any issues?

Any ideas??

Anytime you start having electrical problems on a vehicle you should start out by cleaning the battery clamps and any grounds. Running a ground wire from the neg battery post to the alternator is a good idea also. A dirty or loose ground will cause alot of problems.

I'm having the same problem with my 08 jk. I took it to the Jeep dealership today they reset everything and still no luck. I have replaced everything and I mean everything . Brand new motor transmission new flex plate and all new sensor even sent off the ECM to be re built. I'm pulling out my hair any help would be greatly appreciated.