TJ Owner Stalking on JK Builds

I registered so no one else can have my name in case I buy a JK some day.

Me too.

I need a 2nd Jeep for my daughters (yeah, I spoil them). I was planning on buying a second TJ or LJ, but that got postponed because I'm going to go work overseas for a year. So when I comeback I'll look for TJs, but I might go JK.

Reactions: Chris
Me too.

I need a 2nd Jeep for my daughters (yeah, I spoil them). I was planning on buying a second TJ or LJ, but that got postponed because I'm going to go work overseas for a year. So when I comeback I'll look for TJs, but I might go JK.
Honestly if I was buying a jeep for my daughter I would highly consider a jk. My theory is the newer the car the safer. I would definitely want something with better safety tech and I would bet a JK would fair better in a crash than a TJ. Just my .02

I told my wife when our oldest starts driving I'll get her a stick. I figure if she needs to shift gears it would be harder to text while driving.

Last edited:
Honestly if I was buying a jeep for my daughter I would highly consider a jk. My theory is the newer the car the safer. I would definitely want something with better safety tech and I would bet a JK would fair better in a crash than a TJ. Just my .02

I told my wife when our oldest starts driving I'll get her a stick. I figure if she needs to shift gears it harder to text while driving.

I agree with that. If I was buying for one of my kids, I'd go newer if only for the fact that it will be safer.

Manual transmissions are a fantastic thing for preventing texting and driving. I think every new driver should be forced to drive a manual and only a manual for at least 3-4 years while they are learning to drive.

It's scary how many people are driving distracted these days.

I told my wife when our oldest starts driving I'll get her a stick. I figure if she needs to shift gears it would be harder to text while driving.

I have a 2018 Crosstrek;, when I bought it I had the same thought and discussion with my wife. I did get an auto. My oldest was petrified at the thought of a stick, but my youngest said it sounded like a fun challenge.

As for TJ vs JK those are all good points. I like that I'm familiar with working on a TJ, have extra parts for TJs, and I just like the way they look better than JKs. If I do get my girls a TJ to share, then I'll make them drive the Crosstrek when they go on an out of town trip.

Reactions: DrDmoney and Alex01
Hey Squatch, TJ is the thing in the past and it's time to jump into the JK bandwagon. It's therapeutic I swear, I have no more back pain.