Tire carrier experience / suggestions for 35" spare

Jeremiah

I’m looking to upgrade my spare tire carrier, and I don’t think I’ll be going larger than my current 35’s.
Any suggestions/ experience on which carrier to seriously consider, or totally avoid?

AEV 100%. I can't recommend their tire carrier enough. Not only does it look, feel, and fit like factory, but the way it functions is sublime, seriously. It opens and closes so smooth with my 35" tire on there that you'd never even know it wasn't a factory piece.

My suggestion is AEV, or the Teraflex body mounted tire carrier.

AEV 100%. I can't recommend their tire carrier enough. Not only does it look, feel, and fit like factory, but the way it functions is sublime, seriously. It opens and closes so smooth with my 35" tire on there that you'd never even know it wasn't a factory piece.

My suggestion is AEV, or the Teraflex body mounted tire carrier.
Thanks. I’m looking at the Teraflex mount without the hinges. Any experience?

Thanks. I’m looking at the Teraflex mount without the hinges. Any experience?

Not personally, but a good friend of mine has it on his JK and it's very stout. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it based on his experience and what I've seen in person.

Not personally, but a good friend of mine has it on his JK and it's very stout. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it based on his experience and what I've seen in person.
Thanks a lot for the info. That’s the info I was looking for, and, honestly, the answer I was hoping for.

Thanks a lot for the info. That’s the info I was looking for, and, honestly, the answer I was hoping for.

You won't be disappointed! That and the AEV carrier are my top two choices hands down. Both very well made!

Any pictures of yours?

Here you go:

IMG_3283.jpeg
IMG_3284.jpeg
IMG_3289.jpeg
IMG_3290.jpeg

random question; not hijacking this post... I bought a used 16’ Sahara JKU... first time Jeep owner... and it has 35s and I’m almost certain it’s just using the stock spare tire carrier/holder.... pic attached.

Is that ok to hold 35s? Is there a weight limit? Or should I be looking at a replacement for 35s?

Thanks in advance

6A63F2C1-E9D0-4CD1-B18D-1B663FDDBBB3.jpeg

random question; not hijacking this post... I bought a used 16’ Sahara JKU... first time Jeep owner... and it has 35s and I’m almost certain it’s just using the stock spare tire carrier/holder.... pic attached.

Is that ok to hold 35s? Is there a weight limit? Or should I be looking at a replacement for 35s?

Thanks in advance

View attachment 114482
Hard to tell from the pic, but yeah looks like stock mount. You'll know if ifs too much weight if your back gate starts to sag

Hard to tell from the pic, but yeah looks like stock mount. You'll know if ifs too much weight if your back gate starts to sag

Thanks, so far no sagging... I noticed a tiny bit of bouncing/bobbing... just a tiny bit when on some rough roads.... I need to wait for the weather to warm up before I take it off and fully inspect the current carrier and make sure it’s solid I guess.

Here’s a pic as good as I can get of the current carrier... everything seems okay...
D6058556-3B36-47EE-BB60-60BCF4106B5D.jpeg