TIPM problem?

JPolls24

I have a 2016 wrangler, 2 months ago after a snow storm, used the wipers, they went up and just stopped working. I used a meter to check the fuses and they were good. I have tried 2 aftermarket wiper motors and 1 OEM wiper motor and didnt work, I tried a new switch and still didnt work. The motor does not move at all. I also put a meter into the connector going into the motor and getting 14 volts, the front washer fluid works fine just no wipers on the front on any setting, the rear wiper works fine but the fluid just stopped working a couple weeks ago. Now this morning went to start Jeep and battery was dead, I drove all weekend with no problems, so I jump started and jeep ran fine, I shut it off and it started right back up, but once it sat for awhile, it was dead again and needed a jump. Are all 3 of these issues related to the TIPM? I want to fix this but want to make sure before I do. Can someone please give some advise. Thank you

Reply Quote

I have a 2016 wrangler, 2 months ago after a snow storm, used the wipers, they went up and just stopped working. I used a meter to check the fuses and they were good. I have tried 2 aftermarket wiper motors and 1 OEM wiper motor and didnt work, I tried a new switch and still didnt work. The motor does not move at all. I also put a meter into the connector going into the motor and getting 14 volts, the front washer fluid works fine just no wipers on the front on any setting, the rear wiper works fine but the fluid just stopped working a couple weeks ago. Now this morning went to start Jeep and battery was dead, I drove all weekend with no problems, so I jump started and jeep ran fine, I shut it off and it started right back up, but once it sat for awhile, it was dead again and needed a jump. Are all 3 of these issues related to the TIPM? I want to fix this but want to make sure before I do. Can someone please give some advise. Thank you

Reply Quote

Have verified the wiper motor has a ground?

Reactions: BigAL07
Yes, all good. After the front wipers went down, then I lost the washer fluid for the rear, and now out of the blue Jeep wont start unless I jump it, runs fine with no stalling or dimming of lights. But when its sits for about 30 minutes it's dead again.

Not yet, but haven't had any problems until this morning. First time I ever had to jump it to start. I am going to test it tomorrow and go from there with the battery. I assumed it was good cause there was no indication or symptoms of the battery failing until this morning. Still have to figure out the front wipers. They have been down for 2 months now. I only asked cause when the wiper problem first happened I read that if the fuel pump relay goes bad it can cause the pump to run even when Jeep is off and drain battery.

I know I would hate to say it's the TIPM and then you find out it isn't. I don't understand why Chrysler thought all this unnecessary electrical needs to be there. But about everything runs through it.

Reactions: BigAL07 and mrjp
This is driving me nuts. The only reason I thought TIPM is the issues right now. Front wipers dont work but front washer pump does. Rear wiper works but rear washer pump does not and now the battery issue. Granted it could be bad battery or alternator but I have no symptoms when the jeep is running, it runs great and it will start up after I shut it off but let it sit for 20 to 30 minutes and it's dead.

So here is an update, so my battery was bad, got new battery and solved that problem. Front wipers still dont work, rear wiper fluid still does not work and now this morning my radio started acting up. The radio turns on but only hear a clicking sound, cant control volume at all. I use bluetooth to see if I can use my phone for music and music plays but cuts out every 2 seconds. Checked fuses and they are good. Not sure what else I can check.