Tie Rod End Replacement

Jackmove

Has anyone tried to remove the passenger-side steering tie rod end from the shaft? I read on another forum that the right-side tie rod end is "crimped" and cannot be removed from the shaft.

However, I just spoke with Extreme Terrain and they put me on these:
https://www.extremeterrain.com/jeep-wrangler-front-outer-tie-rods-psa55537.html

The sales agent assured me, after talking to their lead, that the right-side tie rod end can be removed and that I don't have to replace the entire tie rod. Is that right? Has anyone tried? I haven't picked up the tie rod separator tool yet from the auto parts store, so I haven't tried it myself. I figured someone here could tell me yea or nay.

Additional notes:
It's a 2017 with 35" tires and a 2" lift. I'm sure the bigger tires won't do me any favors and I should probably upgrade the tie rod assembly, but I don't have the cash right now. Not sure how long the boot has been leaking grease, but since I bought it last year I know the jeep has had a small shimmy in the steering wheel around 50 mph, but not at faster/slower speeds. I'm wondering if this might be the cause since everything else is torqued up and the ball joints are in good shape.

I had a similar shimmy a couple years ago. Had the front end aligned, had the wheels balanced, and rotated the tires as well. Still happened. The shop I use is owned by a Jeep guy and a veteran, so he does look out for me.
Ended up pulling the tie rod and discovering it was not straight. It had a bend of less than 1/4" in it. Installed a new tie rod, adjusted it accordingly for the 35s and 2.5" lift and it's been fine since.

Reactions: BigAL07
Ended up pulling the tie rod and discovering it was not straight.
Thanks. That's certainly something to consider. And it would be easier to replace the whole assembly rather than futz with just the ends.