Ticking engine on 2016 JK

C

Crocket556

I have a 2016 JK with only 51,000 miles on it, it has been serviced by the Dodge dealership every 3,000 miles. I'm the second owner. The motor just started ticking, no loss of power and no codes thrown. I have know idea what it could be. I've seen other people on here have had that issue. Any fixes?

I have a 2016 JK with only 51,000 miles on it, it has been serviced by the Dodge dealership every 3,000 miles. I'm the second owner. The motor just started ticking, no loss of power and no codes thrown. I have know idea what it could be. I've seen other people on here have had that issue. Any fixes?

Have you asked the Dealer about it, I'm thinking it's a common problem with the 3.6's. Just can't think if it's the cyl head or a lifter/cam issue.

Ya in the last month I have made 2 appointments at Ron Tonkin Dodge and they canceled both of them do to there mechanics getting covid unfortunately. And now there a month out. Was curious if anyone has been able to get them to warranty it since everyone is telling me it's a common issue, wishful thinking anyway. Ya I've done all the up grades my self on the Jeep but I'm definitely no mechanic.

Could be lifter tick, but it could also be an exhaust leak.

Don't go to the dealership, those guys are terrible. Find a reputable third party Jeep mechanic.

Reactions: mrjp