Tailgate won't open on 2015 Jeep Wrangler

TMCCLAIN

Need help....tailgate won't open on 2015 Jeep Wrangler. I have tried to open it from the panel inside, looks like everything is connected and I can hear the it unlock and lock. How do I get it to open so I can figure out what needs to be replaced?

i have never had this problem but maybe i can help. You said you can hear the actuator unlock and lock, but maybe it has gone bad and wont move, just make the noise. Go through the panel by the inside and physically open the door with your hand by moving the metal rod that opens it. I would think this should open the door even if it is locked, as thats how it would work for any other locked door thats opened by the inside on the jeep.

Need help....tailgate won't open on 2015 Jeep Wrangler. I have tried to open it from the panel inside, looks like everything is connected and I can hear the it unlock and lock. How do I get it to open so I can figure out what needs to be replaced?
i assume you got this fixed? What was the issue? I think Ali have the exact same problem with my 2014.

Has anyone figured this out? I just replaced my broken latch with a new one and now my tailgate won't unlock with the power locks unlock button, or with the key. When I try using the key it feels like its rubbery/springy feeling instead of a smooth clunk like the other door locks do. I put everything back together exactly how it was from the factory. Is there an adjustment I should have made? One other thing: It worked just fine opening and closing nice and smoothly before I hit the lock button.

Has anyone figured this out? I just replaced my broken latch with a new one and now my tailgate won't unlock with the power locks unlock button, or with the key. When I try using the key it feels like its rubbery/springy feeling instead of a smooth clunk like the other door locks do. I put everything back together exactly how it was from the factory. Is there an adjustment I should have made? One other thing: It worked just fine opening and closing nice and smoothly before I hit the lock button.
There are approximately 10,000,000,000 little adjustments in a door latch and they all have to align very precisely to function properly.

You're likely going to need to remove the inner panel to get the door open. Once you do, make sure the latch will lock/unlock BEFORE you close it. If it works properly, then you're going to have to start looking at all those adjustments.

Reactions: necro and MacGuyver
There are approximately 10,000,000,000 little adjustments in a door latch and they all have to align very precisely to function properly.

You're likely going to need to remove the inner panel to get the door open. Once you do, make sure the latch will lock/unlock BEFORE you close it. If it works properly, then you're going to have to start looking at all those adjustments.
Thanks! I'll watch the video and see if it helps me.