Tailgate table

Leejeeps

So I searched, and couldn't believe I didn't find anything about a tailgate table on this forum. (Maybe i overlooked it) Anyways, here's mine. 3/8 furniture grade plywood, piano hinge, an old boot lace, a few screws, some dark walnut stain, and a magnet. I'm pretty happy with it, and costs less than $30 to build. Don't have any actual "build" pictures. But here's what I have.

20200213_190003.jpg

20200118_140709.jpg

20200118_140705.jpg

20200118_140624.jpg

20200118_140619.jpg

Reactions: Chris
So I searched, and couldn't believe I didn't find anything about a tailgate table on this forum. (Maybe i overlooked it) Anyways, here's mine. 3/8 furniture grade plywood, piano hinge, an old boot lace, a few screws, some dark walnut stain, and a magnet. I'm pretty happy with it, and costs less than $30 to build. Don't have any actual "build" pictures. But here's what I have.

View attachment 114646

View attachment 114647

View attachment 114648

View attachment 114649

View attachment 114650
Accidentally added a photo of my Sammy. Gonna leave her in it just because.

Thanks! Haven't got to use it much, but come spring, summer, and tailgate season, I'm sure it'll see its use. I just couldn't justify the prices companies are charging for these things.

Did you stain it? That looks like pretty nice plywood, but I'm guessing it's a stain.

And yes, companies are charging stupid amounts for something that is very, very simple.

View attachment 114646

View attachment 114647

View attachment 114648

View attachment 114649

View attachment 114650
Looks good. 👍🏻

Reactions: Leejeeps
What a cool DIY project. Have you found it supports a decent amount of weight? I suppose you could always replace with 550 paracord if you wanted. Nice job!

Reactions: Leejeeps
What a cool DIY project. Have you found it supports a decent amount of weight? I suppose you could always replace with 550 paracord if you wanted. Nice job!

Thanks! Im not sure how much it will actually support. You're right though, the old boot lace is definitely the weak point. I've sat a full 12 pack of beverages on it, and it stays nice and level, with no scare of it breaking or stretching. Honestly, that's about as much weight as it will probably ever see.