Suspension/new tires

Boot9w

Hello,

Start my presence here off with two questions, hopefully not to bad for a newb.

I have a 3 inch lift, Scorpion shocks, about 50k on them. When I hit a bump going any speed above 25 it feels like my Jeep is going to break in half. Will new shocks help, or something else?

Also, getting ready to buy new tires. I have Mickey Thompsons now, question is what to do with the brand new spare if I am buying a different tire? I do not want the spare to be different than the other 4.

Shocks could and also lowering your tire pressure will give you a better ride.

As far as the new spare just list it on Craigslist or some other selling site. But if your going to have the same size tires as the old spare why not just put a tire cover over it then no one will know but you.

Reactions: Boot9w and mrjp
Depending on what weight rating your tires have ( LT, C etc) makes a big difference in ride quality. Jeeps don't need to have 10 ply tires on them. It really kills the ride quality... Almost as much as having too much air in the tires. I drop mine down to around 28, some here go as low as 25, if you are at 35 PSI it is going to be much rougher ride.

Some math & physics principles here... the more lift you have, the more difficult getting a quality ride can be. Add to that the tire type you're running. Have a set of MTs? Stout tire with strong and very stiff sidewalls that only serve to make a road ride even more difficult to manage.

So, to echo everything Black & Mac offered, go to an AT (all-terrain) tire versus an MT (mud terrain); drop the tire pressure.

I ordered my new tires today- BFG TA KO2. And I only ordered 4 @ $350 each. My spare is a Toyo Open Country MT and it's brand new with a cover on it. So what- If I have to use the spare, it'll only be long enough to get another BFG, a couple days at most.

I have fox shocks and bfg km3 (e rated), so I know the feeling.
I was told I could have then tuned but I have to send them in and don't have any other shocks to ride on til then.

My next set of tires will not be e rated.
Also looking to replace the shocks with OldManEmu as I hear they ride smoother.

Reactions: Boot9w