Suspension ideas

Mkefe

Hello fellow Jeepers! I am in need of some advice for my 2016 jk sport s as I am new to jeeping. So I bought this jk with dick cepek fun country 35’s already on it, and what I was told a 2” lift. I measured the spacers on top of the coil springs and the fronts are 2” but rears are more like 1”. I installed a new front bumper and winch, adding probably close to 150 lbs. ( I didn’t weigh the parts) hanging off the front of the Jeep. Now it looks like the front has the factory rake look to it in the front again, rather than being more level. Also, when driving in the rain the rear seems to break free pretty easy when turning a corner. Air pressures in the tires are the recommended pressure for road driving.
Should I get a taller spacer for the front coil springs to level it out again, or should I get some heavier duty coil springs for the front like the stock rubicon coil springs, or something else? I would try taking out the rear coil spring spacer but I am thinking it probably needs to be in there to accommodate the larger tires. I do off-road with my jk, it’s not a mall crawler, but so far my off-reading has been pretty moderate.
any advice would be appreciated!

Do you have a 35" spare hanging on the rear? That should help offset the extra weight on the front.

I'm pretty sure the Sport has the lightest duty coils, if you could get the heaviest rated coils it would help. Or get a good brand Aftermarket 2".

Also we like pictures, that's required.

Reactions: mrjp
Thank you for the reply! I do have a 35” spare hanging on the back…was thinking about removing it eventually but left it on to help counteract the issue at hand. I have no clue what brand lift or leveling is on it..
Will add some pics soon.

Thank you for the reply! I do have a 35” spare hanging on the back…was thinking about removing it eventually but left it on to help counteract the issue at hand. I have no clue what brand lift or leveling is on it..
Will add some pics soon.

I would say you still have the stock springs on, is there a Factory tag on them?

Do you have a aftermarket bumper on the rear also?

Factory stock coils, yes…there is a tag on them and I wrote it down but of course can’t find it so will have to check again…but I did look them up. Still have the stock rear bumper..so far..

If you put a Aftermarket steel bumper on the rear it should help offset the front. But you might want to get the bumper before the coils because things could change quite a bit on the Coil situation.

Pic

BAF10EB0-DAD3-4B8F-AE95-5C21FE394918.jpeg

I`m running the same tires and only running 28psi in the tires. if your running 35psi that is way to much.

Reactions: BLACKJKU