Suggestions needed dealership warranty issues

MrGrimm2012

Hello, new to the forum. I have a 2012 Wrangler unlimited sport purchased January 2021. I purchased a 3 year warranty from the dealership for any major mechanical issues. In February of 2022 I overheated and I got it towed back to the dealership (I checked the simple stuff beforehand, coolant, thermostat, leaks). 3 weeks later they finally got around to telling me I had a blown head gasket and needed a new engine. They ordered it and said it would not be here until mid may. I called them last week and they said they now have no expected delivery date. I called a Jeep dealership to confirm that engines are actually on backorder. Am I legitimately stuck waiting on my dealership to get my engine in which from the looks of it may be never or do I have any other options? Just wondering if anyone else has ever experienced a similar situation. Just wanted to also say that I know it's not completely the fault of the dealership but these people seriously aren't even able to complete an oil change in under 3 hours when I am the first customer to arrive at 7am. The won't even check an on check engine light unless you specifically tell them to. Ok thanks for reading.

Do you have to have a Dealer make the repairs for the Warranty to pay?

Have you talked to the Warranty Company about the problem?

Reactions: mrjp
Hello, new to the forum. I have a 2012 Wrangler unlimited sport purchased January 2021. I purchased a 3 year warranty from the dealership for any major mechanical issues. In February of 2022 I overheated and I got it towed back to the dealership (I checked the simple stuff beforehand, coolant, thermostat, leaks). 3 weeks later they finally got around to telling me I had a blown head gasket and needed a new engine. They ordered it and said it would not be here until mid may. I called them last week and they said they now have no expected delivery date. I called a Jeep dealership to confirm that engines are actually on backorder. Am I legitimately stuck waiting on my dealership to get my engine in which from the looks of it may be never or do I have any other options? Just wondering if anyone else has ever experienced a similar situation. Just wanted to also say that I know it's not completely the fault of the dealership but these people seriously aren't even able to complete an oil change in under 3 hours when I am the first customer to arrive at 7am. The won't even check an on check engine light unless you specifically tell them to. Ok thanks for reading.
Have you called the service manager and discussed the problem with him?

Reactions: BLACKJKU