Suggestions for bumpers with winch area

ReedWrangler17

Hey Jeepers,

My wife shockingly bought me a 12,000lb winch for my 2017 Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited. She didn’t realize that I would need a new bumper. So I am looking for suggestions for good looking bumpers. Send me pictures or links please! Looking to get one ASAP. Thanks all!

I'm a lover of the AEV JK bumpers.

custom-jeep-rubicon-for-sale-front_1.jpg

one of the best

jk-tubeless-front-bumper-2-1500x703.jpg

What is the advantage to a stubby bumper? Is there any issues with registration or inspection of vehicles with custom bumpers or stubby bumpers?

The factory Hard Rock / 10A bumpers are setup for a winch. Also, the AEV bumper is a nice one as well.

Hard to beat the quality of either of those two.

The factory Hard Rock / 10A bumpers are setup for a winch. Also, the AEV bumper is a nice one as well.

Hard to beat the quality of either of those two.
I will say it pisses me off that the Hard Rock/ 10A bumpers are winch ready, but you still have to buy a 250 (cheapest ive found) winch plate.
I am going to have one fab'd up by a friend, but still... it irritates me that jeep claims it is winch ready and then you have to spend another 250.

I will say it pisses me off that the Hard Rock/ 10A bumpers are winch ready, but you still have to buy a 250 (cheapest ive found) winch plate.
I am going to have one fab'd up by a friend, but still... it irritates me that jeep claims it is winch ready and then you have to spend another 250.

Yes, I agree. I had to buy the Maximus setup for mine, and it wasn't cheap. Still, I really love the way the Hard Rock / 10A bumpers look, so that's why I chose to go that route.

I guess this is just another way of Jeep getting you to spend money... haha.

My son bought the stubby ends for his JKU, $50 for the stubby look. This plus a winch plate is likely the cheapest "mount with the look". Lightest weight too.

micahs stubby 01.jpg

Last edited:
Do Bumpers that I would order online come with the plate needed for winch? Or would I have to order a winch plate too?

It depends on the bumper. Some do, and some don't. If in doubt, post the link to the bumper(s) you're considering here, and we'll let you know (y)