Stock muffler

SteveF

U.S. Coast Guard Retired
Supporting Member
I want to get rid of my Flowmaster Outlaw muffler. It's way too noisy for my liking. I want to put a stock like muffler in its place. No extra noise but I do like the look of the 2 exhaust tips. Any suggestions?

I already have one there. It looks like a small muffler on the driver side positioned below the rear seat

I put one on mine but I think I went to cheap on it and it really didn't quiet it down that much. A round glasspack that's open center would probably do better, longest one you could find.

I'm fine with a stock muffler I would just prefer a back axle muffler with dual exhaust ports.

The Flowmaster Outlaw muffler had a great tone when at idle but once you start down the road the sound just drones inside the Jeep and is uncomfortable. The P.O. installed that and a K & N cold air intake to try to squeeze more power out of the 3.6 after putting 35 inch tires on it. In a couple weeks I'm putting 4.56 gears in to get me back in the stock power range so the Flowmaster and K&N will no longer get be needed. I'll be looking for a stock air filter set too.

Reactions: BigAL07
It's time for that Flowmaster to go. Too noisy for me. I just want to find an aftermarket muffler equivalent to stock with dual exhaust.

Reactions: BigAL07 and Brad
Thanks for the link. The first item in the description says improved sound. Quiet is good for me. But I appreciate you posting it.

Why not have a shop weld the tips from your flow master onto a stock muffler? Or if you don’t want to cut your current exhaust so you can sell it, what about going back to stock and add a tip that you like?

952C79CC-0A93-40D9-8FB8-FE9E622D3686.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: SteveF