Stereo Upgrade Advice - DSP vs Alpine

Nate

Hi, I want to upgrade the factory stereo on my 2015 Unlimited Sahara.

I've found the Alpine PSS-21WRA kit which is expensive but seems to get great reviews. Now I'm talking to a car audio company who is recommending using a DSP, Audiotech Fisher M 5DSP MK2 or UP 7DSP, which just uses my existing speakers. This is all new to me, any thoughts on which will sound better would be appreciated. Just looking for high quality clean and crisp music with a sub under the seat, nothing taking up cargo space. Thanks!

Alpine makes mediocre stuff, but in my opinion, they are charging for the name.

The stuff the audio company is recommending is far superior in terms of build and sound quality from what I've heard. Now granted I don't have experience with either setup, I have heard from people who have used one or the other, and I think most of the audiophiles would tell you to go with the shops recommendation.

I own an audio shop and wouldn’t recommend the Alpine system
Nothing but customer complaints with them. Sub under passenger front seat just annoys the passenger and the sound sucks. We recommend the Pioneer avic 4500 with a mistro interface, Focal components up front Focal coax in sound bar get the best you can afford. A Focal 5 channel amp and a JL stealth box in the back again get 2 if you can afford it. This system will really put a smile on you face