Steering wheel wobble

Burghermike

Supporting Member
I have a 2014 JK running MT ATZP3’s and I’m experiencing steering wheel wobble at low speeds. Also the whole vehicle will wobble sometimes. Tires are newer. Size is 315,70,17 on Pro Comp steel wheels. Any trouble shooting ideas. Greatly appreciated

I can almost guarantee you that it's the wheels / tires not being properly balanced. In fact, I'd bet dollars to donuts that's what it is.

Often times with larger tires like this, if the person at the shop doesn't have that much experience with them, it can sometimes take 2-3 balance attempts to get it right.

Before you go down a rabbit hole of trying to figure it out, have the tires balanced and inspected by another shop. Again, I would bet that's your issue. I've seen this same thing happen so many times with Jeeps, and 9 out of 10 times it's a balancing issue.

Okay. Sorry for the delay, life gets in the way sometimes.
As for the tires, I took the jeep to have the wheels balanced as per Chris’s advice and voila! like magic the machine is behaving nicely again. Thank you Chris for the suggestion.
I thought maybe it was a Mickey T issue since I have read some things. Sometimes I read to much into situations.
Thanks again. The site and crew of fellow Jeep people have come thru again.

Reactions: Chris
No problem at all, I had a feeling that's what it was (99% of the time, it is tire related).

Thanks for the update as well!