Which Sensor

honeybadger15

I'm replacing my oil filter housing with an aluminum one from Dorman. The sensors didn't come with the new housing so they needed to be swapped over from the old plastic housing. The temperature sensor did not want to come loose and it got damaged. It's number 11 on the attached diagram, which I believe that its Mopar part 5149077AB. I'm hoping to find one at a local auto parts store but I can't find anything referencing that part number online. However, there appear to be a lot of coolant temp sensors that look like the correct part in the picture. Are these sensors fairly common and used in a lot of applications? I'm trying to figure out how to verify if I'm looking the correct part when the aftermarket manufacturer part numbers at the auto parts stores don't match the Mopar part number.

OilCoolerHousingPartsDiagram.png

I don't know if I used the correct year but used a 2013 here is the PN's.

Thanks. That link says Engine Oil, Engine Coolant Sensor and it also lists three locations so that sensor must be used for different applications in the vehicle, which is why the descriptions on the parts I'm finding say coolant temp sensor, instead of oil temp sensor as I was expecting.

Reactions: BLACKJKU
Thanks. That link says Engine Oil, Engine Coolant Sensor and it also lists three locations so that sensor must be used for different applications in the vehicle, which is why the descriptions on the parts I'm finding say coolant temp sensor, instead of oil temp sensor as I was expecting.

From what I was reading the coolant sensor is the same one used in all the JK's just in a different location on the 3.8's.