Soft top

vaffanculo

JK Enthusiast
Just seen this great deal on offer up if anyone's in need of a soft top in new jersey. Comes with soft top,header rail and I think the tail gate bar
Screenshot_20240426-132417_OfferUp.jpg

Reactions: tJKrider
Just out of curiosity. How hard is it to put a JK soft top up and down? I know in a TJ it has to be a warm day. Or your screwed.

I have a hard top only. Just curious if putting a soft top on in summer gives you the option of quickly going topless? But easily putting it back up if it rained?

Reactions: vaffanculo
Just out of curiosity. How hard is it to put a JK soft top up and down? I know in a TJ it has to be a warm day. Or your screwed.

I have a hard top only. Just curious if putting a soft top on in summer gives you the option of quickly going topless? But easily putting it back up if it rained?
I never take it off I just fold it down just like being topless and you can still take the doors off
Screenshot_20240426-134534_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240426-134534_Chrome.jpg

I never take it off I just fold it down just like being topless
Since you have experience with this... About how long does it take to fold it up or down when you make the decision to do one or the other? Let's say driving with the soft top up to driving with it folded down - is that 5min, 10min, other? Thanks!

Reactions: vaffanculo
Ya. That's what I meant. Does a soft top on a JK fold easily up and down? In a TJ it's difficult without a hot day. As the canvas is meant to be as tight as possible. So it doesn't flap in the wind.

If you fold a TJ top down. And it gets cold outside. Getting it to clamp back up in place is near impossible. To the point you just never fold it down. Unless you are certain it's gonna stay hot outside. Like 70F or better. And your hoping you can keep it in direct sunlight when you attempt it.

And forget about putting new fabric on the frame. I would wait for the hottest summer day. Before even attempting.

Since you have experience with this... About how long does it take to fold it up or down when you make the decision to do one or the other? Let's say driving with the soft top up to driving with it folded down - is that 5min, 10min, other? Thanks!
Between 5 and 10 min. Just unzip the side and back windows and undo the 2 clips on the header rail and fold back . If you want the doors off also you need to remove the door surrounds