Snow in the south

That's the main reason we moved from Oregon to Arizona, we can't stand the cold either. That and I wanted to be within 10 minutes of epic wheeling spots ;)
Actually, we're talking options now. Wife is very uncomfortable in the cold (had frostbite as a teenager and she still feels the effects) and since we're both in our mid-50s were looking at possible retirement locations. We were hoping to visit Sedona last year but that didn't pan out. Her biggest concern with the Southwest tend to be Little Critters that are a lot bigger than she's used to. ;)

Actually, we're talking options now. Wife is very uncomfortable in the cold (had frostbite as a teenager and she still feels the effects) and since we're both in our mid-50s were looking at possible retirement locations. We were hoping to visit Sedona last year but that didn't pan out. Her biggest concern with the Southwest tend to be Little Critters that are a lot bigger than she's used to. ;)

Oh yeah, lots of critters down here but I've never had an issue with them. I've run into plenty of rattle snakes, but as you'd expect, they don't bother you if you don't bother them. There are lots of bugs here, but nothing like the tropical climate in Flordia would bring.

Anyways, we love it down here, absolutely love it.

Reactions: mrjp
Was thinking of moving to the gulf coast but .... recent weather patterns have me rethinking . Cold or hurricanes ? Hmmm

Southern Nevada is not bad the winters are the best time of the year summers are hot but not as hot as Arizona. The critters are not bad the rattle snakes make noise before bitting most of the scorpions will sting and are sneaky we had a batch of baby scorpions come into the house one year but if you keep the a/c cranked they go lethargic and then die they like the garage. You can also see them with a black light they glow.

Reactions: JerryD
This was fun at first...now...not so much...
tempImage4XttIk.jpg

tempImageBv2WVK.jpg

• Face Palm
Reactions: mrjp
I’ll tell ya, my stock 08 Jk handled all this crap like a champ . Saw numerous cars and trucks spun out and left of the side of a road. 2 door Sahara just kept going.

For those in the south who are not used to dealing with snow. Make sure your gutters are clean. When this shit melts there will be a lot of water. It has to go somewhere you don’t want it in your house. Clean any snow off of window sills or wells. Again it could come inside when the thaw happens . Clear any storm drains on your street of snow and debris. Give the water a path away from your home. Did water restoration for 20 years and have seen all this happen. The bill could be in the thousands and insurance might not cover it. Take a few minutes and save some pain and money.