Should there be two levers on 2008 JK passenger seat?

JKTimmah

Supporting Member
Hi all,

I am now the proud owner of a 2008 JK! Woot, woot! Anyway, the seats weren't horrible but the driver's side had a tear that had been...... duct-taped! :mad: I went ahead and bought the Bestop seat covers for it and the driver-side was a piece of cake. The passenger side..... not so much.

The passenger seat in my JK has TWO levers for adjustment and the Bestop seat cover only has one hole, designed for a single lever system. Was there some kind of option for the early JK's that Bestop doesn't know about? lol. The Jeep only has 113k on it, so I really don't think the seats have been replaced. Everything matches and the entire vehicle seems to be well cared for.

I contacted Bestop and, over a WEEK later, they got back with me. They basically said they've never seen that before. What's the deal?

Along those lines, I'm not real impressed with Bestops customer service. I mean, it took over a week to simply respond. Not cool. They were supposed to get back with me again, but no dice. :rolleyes:

Thanks!
Timmah

IMG_20191208_103805.jpg

They are lying to you. All 2008 JKs had two levers on the passenger seat.

Case in point:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=133254080503

That's just one example. I search eBay, and every 2008 JK passenger seat has two levers. The ones that do not have two levers I believe are the JKU (4-door) models, as there is no need to fold up the seat to get in the back, since it has 4-doors.

Since almost everything is made for the JKU models (the big sellers), my guess is those seats are for the Unlimited models, and they simply didn't realize the 2-door model had the levers.

Return them and get Bartact seat covers, they are far better ;)

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler JK Forum may be compensated.