Saying hi from the great white north

1lostCDN

Hey guys! My name is Derrek and I am from a little town in Southern Ontario. Have always had a passion for Jeeps, my dad owned a couple YJs around the time I got my licence so driving those around got me hooked on the Jeep life. Just loved the feeling of bouncing around shifting gears and waving at other owners haha.

In 2007 when the JK first rolled onto showroom floors I wanted one very badly but never had the money to buy one. Having worked at numerous dealerships over the years I've had opportunities to play with them, but ultimately never own them. Watching countless hours of amazing builds and footage only made the desire grow inside. The dream of driving my own beast all the way to Moab and Colorado to conquer trails ran rampant in my head. The amount of hours I have spent "building" various Jeeps in my head over the years is crazy.

Finally, after 15 years of driving I have finally got to the point where I could buy my very own and as soon as I sat in the drivers seat I knew it had to be mine.

Its a 2018 JKU Rubicon Recon edition with a 6 speed manual. It has 71000km on it and drives flawlessly. It has to be the best driving manual jeep I've driven, the clutch is perfect and everything drives as it should. The paint is flawless, no chips or scratches anywhere on it. I think it has a small lift on it, but I wasn't able to get a good look at it on the test drive. Its riding on 35s with 20s, I know the wheels aren't everyone's taste but I kind of like them and honestly ita going to be a bit before I get going mad offroad haha.

As expected I have a list of mods that I'd like to do to it over time. First things first is to get rid of the flares that are on it for some factory ones because I like the look better. Getting a set of rock slide engineering steps for it so that my wife can get in it easier.

Going to be taking it in to get some protection for the paint done. A friend of mine is going to do a deep clean and paint correction on it, then add some PPF in critical areas as well as do a full ceramic coat on the whole Jeep. Want to make it super easy to get the mud off of her haha.

That will basically be it for the first round of mods before the fun ones start happening haha. Looking forward to documenting the journey for everyone and hopefully meeting a bunch of you guys!

144120987_10158847556865941_6620333831570268609_o.jpg
143954653_250272093175479_8212574218429690130_n.jpg
87080739.jpeg
87080741.jpeg

Congrats on your new sled. That is one sweet looking ride. I bought a 2018 JKU Sahara 4-5 weeks ago. I'm an older guy not looking for upgrades, but love the stock ride. Again, congratulations!

Reactions: 1lostCDN
Awesome Recon, you did well!

Welcome to the forum too!

I had my entire Corvette wrapped in PPF. Cost me $4000, but never had to worry about rock chips :LOL: