Running 35s with no lift

Rkelly352

I recently got new wheels and tires for my jeep 35s. What else would I need to upgrade so it doesn’t break. I’m not a jeep guy I also have a 16’ Tacoma.

4A78F490-5813-4B09-ACD1-879FAFDBA191.png

First and foremost, while you can run 35s with no lift, you'd be pretty stupid to do so.

Why you might ask? Well, because putting a bigger tire than stock on your JK is going to cause a lot of issues. For one, a 35 will fit, but it won't leave much room between the tire and the stock fenders. You'll lose a drastic amount of up-travel from your shocks (hence your JK will ride much worse), and unless you cycle the suspension and set the bump stop accordingly, there's nothing at all from preventing your tire from smashing right into your fender if you hit a big bump or flex the suspension any off-road, over a curb, etc.

So while you will get the crowd who will tell you that 35s will fit with no lift, the correct response would be that while they will fit, you'd be stupid to run it that way.

To successfully clear 35s on a JK, you really want a 2.5" lift or larger (I would personally suggest a 3.5" lift for 35s, such as the AEV DualSport lift, which is a fantastic lift both on-road and off-road).