Rubicon sway bar woes

1o1Proof

JK Enthusiast
We wheel our JK pretty often and from time to time, $*#@ happens. Take last week for example…we went to TN trail jam, rode yellow and a few red trails with no issues. Setting in a small parking area after the ride talking and noticed some obstacles made from old loader tires. Well, of course I had to try it. So while maneuvering around we hear a pop and I get A LOT of pretty lights on the dash. The jeep will not shift, seems to be stuck in 2nd gear and I can’t tell because the shift indicator has also stopped working, rpm indicator jumps occasionally but engine runs smooth. Awesome….

As luck would have it, when I had to back up a couple of feet, the edge of one of the tires smashed he electrical connection to my sway bar disconnect actuator. Well, when this happened anything that is tied to Can1 lost its mind and the jeep basically gives up.

So while trailering it home I think, no big deal a new wiring harness and I’m set…nope. Upon further inspection, it also broke the housing where the connection is made. So here I am looking for used actuators since the new ones are $2000. Now I know someone is going to say, get an anti rock/sway loc. I would if that’s what I wanted, but I would rather keep the electric if I can find one.

Also, for those who like irony…the say bar flip bolt was literally in the mail, just a few days too late.

I will try and update as progress is made, but it will be a couple of weeks before I have time to really work on.

Edit to add picture, such a small piece to cause so many problems and cost so much

IMG_6623.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: tJKrider