Right front fender running light stopped working on 2009 JK

JimNH

JK Enthusiast
Supporting Member
the orange circular running/parking light on the right front fender stopped working. I replaced the bulb. I checked the continuity in the wire between the connector and the bulb. I replaced the turn indicator/parking light bulb that is in under the headlight. Fuse is good. What else could be wrong?

I finally also pulled the TIPM and reset everything as one particular internet rabbit hole I went down suggested that might be an issue (my window switches are also intermittent on occasion)

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated.

JIM in NH

When you said you checked the continuity in the wire, did you mean you ohm'd it or checked for volts?

Reactions: Chris
I had a connector corrode so bad at the marker side the pin broke off in the harness. Check for voltage at the connector behind the headlight and then in the socket. The jumper harness going to the side marker light is replaceable. Mopar p/n 68274527AA. I bought it online for less that $10 but you can probably get a price match at your dealer (at least I usually can).

If you replaced the bulb with an LED one, remember that they are directional and will not work if put in backwards. Otherwise that whole assembly is pretty easy to replace like @JerryD says.

One night I turned on the headlights and turn signal, then walked maybe fifty yards away and ....
The the turn signal was invisible! This was with the crappy stock headlights.
I called Headlight Revolution and ordered the most powerful turn signal light bulb they had.
I crammed a T-10 from Amazon in the side marker lights and them touching the lens has had
no effect.
The tire gauge was left there while I drove 7 miles to the store.
20210419_192804.jpg

Reactions: mrjp