Replacing side mirrors and wire is stuck in the door

jousley

Hello all - So I was replacing both side mirrors with some OEM-similar ones. 2013 JK Wrangler Sahara.
I did what all the videos say, took off the door trim, disconnected the window's heater/controls electrical connection. Tied a string to it. took off the mirror no issues.
I took the new mirror, tired the wire connector to the string from the outside, and it is now stuck in the door. I can't pull it out from either side - no matter how hard, or what angle I try. Not sure what to do next.

I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on how I can get this wire through the door at this point? I'm not familiar with the process for taking the inner trim off - but I'm hoping there's a workaround?

Thanks in advance...

J

I haven't had the full size doors apart, but I would search some youtube vids on taking the panels off, as I think that would be the best course of action at this point. You likely only need to take the door panel off and not the inner panel that covers the window lift mechanism. That is pretty straight forward. Sorry I can't be of more help. Good luck.

Reactions: tJKrider