Replacing my clutch

Bigbernie

Ok guys. Laugh if you want, but I come from a situation where I didn't need to know much about clutches. I would go to the parts counter and ask for a clutch disc for a 19XX, Make, Model and some goon would hand me my part and I'd start turning wrenches.

Now I'm getting into my own JK and looking to start making upgrades. I'd rather buy my parts once than buy an OE replacement and find out that I should have bought the trans-o-matic 2000 and 1 fly away disc and pressure plate that not only shifts for you, but slices, dices and tosses you salad.

But seriously, I am looking to get a good clutch that can handle a fair amount of speed, but still give me excellent grip for off road torque.

I am not looking to buy the $600+ clutches yet btw. And input would be great. I have been looking at the xtr stage 2's.

I've been a Centerforce fan for years. I have their dual friction clutch in my 89 Mustang and love it. Stage 1 should be sufficient for the Jeep.

Flywheel not included

This kit includes the flywheel.

Reactions: mrjp
From what I've heard everyone say just stick with the OEM clutch.
Same. A buddy of mine put a super charger on his JK and replaced the clutch with an OEM. Never had an issue. I can't imagine a JK layin down a ton of HP unless you're doing a swap.