Replacement wire harness for injectors, oil sensor, etc.

WestCoastDan

JK Enthusiast
IMG_5413.png

This is what I found as a possible root cause in the aforementioned video.

IMG_5414.jpeg

Here’s our Jeep getting torn down.

IMG_5416.jpeg

Here is the same connector on our oil pressure sensor with the same exposed conductors as in the video.

I’m SO glad that I kept digging!

BTW, these would be called “sending units” back in the day, but I digress.

I am happy to report that the suspected wire harness issue has been identified.

Now I’d like to buy a replacement connector, with pins already installed and all I would need to do is to splice into the factory harness a few inches back, and then cover it all with a better heat shield than the factory bothered to use.

If there are any part # experts in the house, I would gladly accept a recommendation on the replacement harness parts (connector, pins, or preassembled pigtails).

IMG_5413.png

IMG_5414.jpeg

IMG_5416.jpeg

Here is the same connector on our oil pressure sensor with the same exposed conductors as in the video.

Now I’d like to buy a replacement connector, with pins already installed and all I would need to do is to splice into the factory harness a few inches back, and then cover it all with a better heat shield than the factory bothered to use.

If there are any part # experts in the house, I would gladly accept a recommendation on the replacement harness parts (connector, pins, or preassembled pigtails).
So glad you found the issue.

I found a damaged harness at the oil temp/pressure sensor.

I can buy a new plug with pigtails on it and just splice it in, but this only fixes a single connector.
To get here, I had to disconnect the injectors and several other connectors, all of which appear a it brittle and suspect.

Can anyone recommend a source for a replacement injector harness? I'm not sure I'll like the price, but if it prevents future issues I'll consider it.

Did you find anything in the Resources Section, or wasn't what you needed?

Did you find anything in the Resources Section, or wasn't what you needed?

[/URL]
I had no idea that this resource existed!
Now I can just buy 6 replacement connectors for the injectors and move on!

I had no idea that this resource existed!
Now I can just buy 6 replacement connectors for the injectors and move on!

This Forum has much to offer, check it all out when you get time.

IMG_5413.png

IMG_5414.jpeg

IMG_5416.jpeg

Give this place a try. https://connectorexperts.com/?match... connectors&utm_content=Automotive Connectors

Great source, but they didn't have any relevant connectors...
1710355937118.png

I can understand not having the oil pressure connector, but it seems odd that they wouldn't have injector and coil connectors, since I thought they were pretty universal across several models.

Supposed to get my injector connectors today, the oil pressure and coil connector are supposed to arrive on Friday.
My weekend is going to be filled with curse words and a sore back.

New connectors for the injectors arrived, so I got busy replacing them on the left side harness.
They came with crimp connectors to splice into the factory harness, but I prefer a soldered connection whenever possible.
I always solder a splice like this the way Uncle Sam taught me.
Wrap the bare conductors around each other in opposite directions, then solder.
Then file down the excess to remove any burrs, stray strands, sharp edges, etc. before adding heat shrink.

I ran out of electrical tape, but the left side is nearly finished.
I typically stagger the joints to keep the diameter of the bundle as small as possible while helping to eliminate the possibility of the solder balls smashing against one another and digging through the heat shrink, but this harness is pretty loose inside the loom, so that’s not likely to happen.
IMG_5429.jpeg
IMG_5431.jpeg
IMG_5432.jpeg

Finished product
IMG_5434.jpeg

I think the right side harness is gonna be a real PITA…

Finished product
IMG_5434.jpeg

I think the right side harness is gonna be a real PITA…
So did you get all new plugs and wiring? You’ve been a busy man!! Looks great.

IMG_5441.jpeg
IMG_5444.jpeg
IMG_5445.jpeg
IMG_5446.jpeg
IMG_5447.jpeg
Rebuilt the right ignition harness, replaced the oil pressure sensor connector, insulated the shit out of the wire harness w/ thermal wrap, cleaned up the grime under the intake and installed the lower plenum.
I’ve had enough for today…

So did you get all new plugs and wiring? You’ve been a busy man!! Looks great.
I had a misfire code in the middle of all of this, so I had replaced the plugs AND coils. Plugs because we’ve put about 20K on these, and the coils just because these are probably original w/ 157K mikes on them.
I also expected that doing so would help me avoid exactly what I’m doing AGAIN anyway! 🤦‍♂️
I don’t mind putting some $$ And time into this thing, IF it can be reliable and other-than maintenance, get in and go.

@WestCoastDan Great work, looks really nice. I hope this solves your problem