Replaced 2 OEM oil pressure sensors, each lasted 1 month

mbucy

Hi, I have a 12 JKU, Ive replaced 2 oil pressure sensors with factory replacements. Each one has only lasted 1 month or so before throwing the exact same P0520 code. Anyone else had this issue. trying to get and idea of what else to look for before I go into it again.

The oil pump has a high / low pressure mode driven by a solenoid. A fault in any stage of its operation will trigger a check engine light.

My guess is the oil pump is your issue.

The oil pump has a high / low pressure mode driven by a solenoid. A fault in any stage of its operation will trigger a check engine light.

My guess is the oil pump is your issue.
It will only fault sometimes when you run key on. not while running. i just replaced the oil pressure sensor again. each time it runs fine for a month. I guess if it does it again ill replace the entire oil pump as i dont wanna go into it for only the solenoid

It will only fault sometimes when you run key on. not while running. i just replaced the oil pressure sensor again. each time it runs fine for a month. I guess if it does it again ill replace the entire oil pump as i dont wanna go into it for only the solenoid

My money is on the oil pump itself, but keep us posted and let us know if you end up solving it (y)

If it was my Jeep i'd put a aftermarket oil pressure gauge on it to verify your oil pressure.

Hi, I have a 12 JKU, Ive replaced 2 oil pressure sensors with factory replacements. Each one has only lasted 1 month or so before throwing the exact same P0520 code. Anyone else had this issue. trying to get and idea of what else to look for before I go into it again.

I hope you can provide a little guidance regarding the access and replacement of the oil pressure sensors. Is there an easier way to get to the pressure sensors besides pulling the upper and lower intake off?

Thank you