Rear wiper spraying washer fluid inside!

Danii_VanBossman

New JK owner of a 2012 Artic Edition. Just emptying every pocket since I got it. A few days ago my washer fluid from my rear window starting sparying some fluid inside. Scared the freak out of me when it happened. What should I look into, should I take the wiper motor competly off? Help please

New JK owner of a 2012 Artic Edition. Just emptying every pocket since I got it. A few days ago my washer fluid from my rear window starting sparying some fluid inside. Scared the freak out of me when it happened. What should I look into, should I take the wiper motor competly off? Help please

It's not going to be the motor but probably the tube that carries the washer fluid. Best thing to do is open the rear window and have someone turn the washer on and try to see where the leak is.

It's not going to be the motor but probably the tube that carries the washer fluid. Best thing to do is open the rear window and have someone turn the washer on and try to see where the leak is.
This is going to be the case. I had my tube pop off randomly one day when it froze.

Just pull the black cover off the motor assembly on the back glass and you should see your tube and where it connects.

If the tube is still connected then it is due to the freeze having broken an internal component. I need to fix it on my top as well. The only thing you can do is replace the whole mechanism. It's about $88 on Rockauto, motor and all.

Unplug the feed line (that you disconnect when removing the top) until it is fixed. At least then you won't spray the cargo area while you wait.

Reactions: mrjp
Not sure if this fix will help you or not.

Reactions: mrjp