Rear blinkers and brake lights not working

Lakerunner

hey guys, I have a 2014 Wrangler JK Sport with a tow package. I was driving the other day and suddenly got a flashing indicator that my right side blinker was out, girlfriend got out and checked and it was the rear one. An hour later the other side went out as well and we noticed I didn't have brake lights either(both rear passenger and driver's side). Everything else is working perfect, bulbs are new and all. Replaced them thinking it was the bulbs and it wasn't. Has anyone else experienced this or know what it could be and a fix?

Check for a short in your plug. Possible some insulation has rubbed off and now it's shorting against the frame.

Also, try resetting the battery and leaving it disconnected for 10 minutes just to see what happens.

I checked for a short and I didn't see anything wrong, I reset the battery and it worked until I turned the wheel with the blinker on

So I've finally been able to do a bit more looking around, everything else checks out and works but the weird thing is that when I took off the left rear light assembly and simply plugged it into the right side it works just fine. I took the right rear and plugged into the left side it still didn't work. Should I just get a new assembly? If so time for an upgrade!

Sounds like your taillight housing assembly has an issue, in which case yes, I would get a replacement.

I'm not sure how these things work on the JKs, but if they are like the TJs, the taillight housing itself grounds to the body of the vehicle. If the ground isn't well established, the taillight will act all wonky like yours is.