Radio problems

that_white_jk

Hey guys just got my 2014 wrangler Sahara edition was driving last night and the radio decided to black screen it is a Mygiglock Sirius radio, took the doors off for the first time yesterday and now this could it have any relation to that any help would be appreciated.

So the radio is aftermarket. Did you buy the vehicle with it installed or did you install it? How long have you had the Jeep? How long after taking the doors off did the radio 'black screen'?
Did the screen just fail and it was still playing sound? Did you check the fuse? Has the screen come back on?

My first guess would be a short, though that depends on your answers to the above.

Reactions: mrjp
It was already installed I’ve had the Jeep 2 days and it was the day i took the doors off that it quit well that night was when it quit and i took the doors off around lunch. I was going in reverse and then it showed the Jeep logo like it was booting up then went white and then black. I have checked and replaced the fuses in the main box checked behind the radio and didn’t see a fuse. It has power to it considering the buttons of the side still have light and periodically flash but the screen has not come back on.

I wonder if the last owner put an old radio in the jeep just before they sold it.

First thing to do if you haven't is to reboot the radio using the main fuse. Might temp fix the issue.

I have a feeling the radio needs to be replaced, or the wiring needs to be redone. Redoing the wiring is obviously cheaper and may fix your problem, but by no means is that guaranteed.

I would also check the fuses and make sure they are the correct size. Won't fix the current problem but if they have too large of fuse in a spot you can avoid future ones and track down a fault they cheated to fix. Bigger fuse is not a good fix.

good luck