Radio advice

Dwain

I have a 2013 jk sport. Wanting an android auto radio. Are all jeeps capable of showing engine info, tire pressure, etc? If so...which radio heads can do this? Thanks!

Hi Dwain & welcome. With enough time, money & resources, sure. :)

I have a Daisata 10" android head unit. In my last JK I had a 7" Joying. My current one will show TPMS data on the dash, not on the head unit. I believe some units will show TPMS if you add the right sensors, but I'm not sure what works with what.

Most Android apps work just fine on the Android head units (provided it's not Android Auto). You'll need a dongle to connect to the OBDII port that is supported. I run Torque, jScan, and a couple others depending on what I'm doing. I don't leave the dongle in all the time as that is a security issue. There are USB dongles, too but most are bluetooth.

To be honest, I've had my HU for a couple of years now & I don't know the current ones. None of them have (or had at the time) an accelerometer, which is unfortunate... I could use the "Roll Me Over" app on the big display, just for fun, then. :)

I'm not sure who else on the forum has an Android... maybe someone else can chime in.