Quality thermostat replacement?

I'm not trying to bump this thread, but wanted to add my experience for the folks spending money and chasing overheating problems that find this thread from Google.

I had similar issues to OP, running "warm" (220s - 230s) basically all the time and would go into the 240s+ uphill, on ramps, overtaking, etc. but cooling off some in the city. I had spent hundreds throwing parts at this problem--replaced nearly the entire cooling system, but with aftermarket stuff since I had no luck finding a Mopar thermostat. I bought this Jeep used (one owner) at 59k miles and strangely, it already had a MotoRad thermostat on it. Probably should've kept looking but oh well..

I finally took it to a shop, they thought maybe a cracked or warped head, but they talked me into trying a Mopar thermostat and radiator cap. When I brought it in, both components were Autozone Duralast which were both repackaged MotoRad items.

The shop's diagnosis was that the MotoRad thermostat wasn't even starting to open until 203* and wasn't fully open all the way until 220*, at which point my Jeep was boiling over and unable to do a proper burp with the system open. According to the shop, the Mopar unit starts to open at 195* and is fully open at ~203*. Like OP, a genuine Mopar thermostat and rad cap seems to have fixed the issue completely.

Moral of the story, if you buy an aftermarket thermostat and it is labeled to START opening at 203* (and t-stat temp specs are typically given at the "start to open" temperature), you're probably going to have overheating problems as the already marginal cooling system of the JK struggles to keep up and your T stat starts closing again as it cools down to the normal temp.
Hey I'm the OP, thanks for commenting your experience!

6 months past the last repairs I mentioned in this thread, and I'm still riding normal-for-a-3.6L temps. Doesn't hardly ever go over 230, mostly low 220s or high teens. I live in the mountains and have various grades and inclines, and the worst it's gotten has been 240°, but that was a 25% grade for about 1/4 mile. It comes back down when I get to the top.

Chrysler-stamped Genuine Mopar thermostat and a Mopar 17# rad cap were my final fixes.

So I am having a similar issue. 2015 Jeep runs fine with temps around 208-210 as long as I am running the heater full blast. But get it up to interstate speeds and turn on AC it starts climbing into the 220s - 240s. Never overheats but suddenly lose heat and (or it starts cycling from warm to hot so I know I have air in the line. When I stop it has completely filled the reserve tank. I had an aftermarket thermostat and thought that may be the issue so last week installed a MOPAR thermostat and a new tank just in case I had a leak. Still doing the same thing. Have a new cap coming tomorrow but if that doesn't solve the issue not sure what to do. I did get the radiator "no leak" system so I could let it sit there on an incline and burp the air out but still getting the issue. Any advice would be most appreciated.....

Hey I'm the OP, thanks for commenting your experience!

6 months past the last repairs I mentioned in this thread, and I'm still riding normal-for-a-3.6L temps. Doesn't hardly ever go over 230, mostly low 220s or high teens. I live in the mountains and have various grades and inclines, and the worst it's gotten has been 240°, but that was a 25% grade for about 1/4 mile. It comes back down when I get to the top.

Chrysler-stamped Genuine Mopar thermostat and a Mopar 17# rad cap were my final fixes.
I ordered part number 5184651AH from Mopar.com. Does that match what you installed? Just want to make sure I have the right thermostat before chasing anything else!