Powertrain Reman Engine

Shamrock61

Just dropped a reman engine into the Yeti this last weekend. It's a Powertrain reman, and they do excellent work, and upgrade parts that are known to fail on the factory engine. I paid an extra $399 for the upgrade warranty - 7 years/1 million miles; this upgraded warranty will replace the engine no matter how it is hurt, even if I were to run it without oil and blow it up. The replacement clause is a one time deal in the 7 years, but the other regular warranty will still be in affect after that. Total for the engine, the warranty upgrade, the install kit, and handling was $3400+, and they give you a 15 day grace period to ship the core back before charging for it - more than enough time to get the core to them. Great customer service as well.

Engine 1.jpg

Engine 2.jpg

Engine 3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: act2.5
Did that cover return shipping? And did they drop it at your house, or did you have to pick it up somewhere with a dock?

Wow, that's a good warranty!

How much did the engine cost?
The engine itself was $2500. I added the extra warranty (it comes with a 5 year warranty, but you can add the no fault warranty for $349) plus $75 handling. The install kit was $399, and taxes took me to the total I paid.
I can't say it enough - Powertrain is an amazing company based on my experience. Google them and you'll see I'm not alone in thinking that.

They have a setup where you list the address for pickup and they send you the packing and tracking info in order to send it back. Again, I can't say too often how great this company has been to deal with. They also do most other engines for other manufacturers, not just Jeeps.
1597757341983.jpg

Reactions: Chris and act2.5
The engine itself was $2500. I added the extra warranty (it comes with a 5 year warranty, but you can add the no fault warranty for $349) plus $75 handling. The install kit was $399, and taxes took me to the total I paid.
I can't say it enough - Powertrain is an amazing company based on my experience. Google them and you'll see I'm not alone in thinking that.

That's a great price and a great warranty! I'd say you made out quite well!

Reactions: Shamrock61