Permission vs forgiveness

JeepLuvr1954

In the realm of "wants" versus "needs" it seems to me that is always easier to ask forgiveness than it is permission to allocate the necessary funds to continue the nasty habit of "modding". Hahaha

I've experienced this with a few parts I've installed on my Jeep as well as gun parts, tools, and __________(fill in the blank).

Most recently I had this issue with putting new tires on my truck preventing a possible blowout while towing my 5th wheel on our upcoming summer camping trips (wife said the tires were just fine but they definitely were not).

What's your experience?

I got away with few forgiveness back then, after that she caught up on it, my tail is now between my legs.

So, do not go behind her back then ask for forgiveness. In the long run you will pay the price.
Yeah I've heard that more than once! 🤣

I owned a YJ when I met my wife in 1995. I retired from the Navy in '93 and was just getting back into the workplace when we met. By the time we married in '98, we were both in very different places professionally. Her career was rocketing and the only reason I worked was to give me something to do and spend money on the Jeep.
Anyway, we've always maintained our own bank accounts, checking accounts, etc. and she had no grounds to complain when I sold a perfectly good Tahoe LTZ and bought my current JK and, likewise, I couldn't say anything when she bought her Lexus.
Besides, I'm always able to show her that any mod I make to the JK has her best interests in mind.

Reactions: JeepLuvr1954
I owned a YJ when I met my wife in 1995. I retired from the Navy in '93 and was just getting back into the workplace when we met. By the time we married in '98, we were both in very different places professionally. Her career was rocketing and the only reason I worked was to give me something to do and spend money on the Jeep.
Anyway, we've always maintained our own bank accounts, checking accounts, etc. and she had no grounds to complain when I sold a perfectly good Tahoe LTZ and bought my current JK and, likewise, I couldn't say anything when she bought her Lexus.
Besides, I'm always able to show her that any mod I make to the JK has her best interests in mind.
first off I'd like to say thanks for your service to the United States of America. I did not serve myself but I'm appreciative of everyone who has and if I could go back and do it all over again I most definitely would.

My wife and I have always shared our money which is probably where some of the argument comes from and likewise I do the same as far as convincing her the purchases or mods are in her best interest as well although sometimes she doesn't see it that way. Lol

Always, always, always easier to ask for forgiveness versus permission. Story of my entire marriage :ROFLMAO:

My wife would tell you I am more guilty of this than anyone. The things that show up at my door are rather absurd.

Always, always, always easier to ask for forgiveness versus permission. Story of my entire marriage :ROFLMAO:

My wife would tell you I am more guilty of this than anyone. The things that show up at my door are rather absurd.
😆😆😆 I'll grab an oar cause we're on the same boat! Sometimes she knows but much of the time she's like WTF!!??!!?? Let the explanation begin. Hahaha

😆😆😆 I'll grab an oar cause we're on the same boat! Sometimes she knows but much of the time she's like WTF!!??!!?? Let the explanation begin. Hahaha

The good thing is that I've never been late paying a bill, I always get her (and the kids) everything they need, so in reality, it's not like she can harp on me that much. I mean it would be one thing if I was going broke and we were getting the power shut out or our home repossessed, but since that's not happening, she can't fault me that much ;)

That's what I always tell her at least :ROFLMAO: