PD06DE high oil pressure code on 2016 JK

Snidemedal

Hello everyone I have 2017 jeep jk with a sprintex supercharger and the keep getting a check engine light for P06DE - The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) senses the oil pressure is above a calibrated minimum threshold with the Oil Pump Solenoid commanded off for 250.0 seconds . I have changed the oil to mobile 1 synthetic and the filter to a mopar filter i also replaced the oil pressure sensor. The light went away for about 3 days then came back upon passing on the hwy. The only other thought is the oil pump is bad. The oil pressure is 30 at idle warm and doesnt really go above 100 while driving. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated thanks so much 🙏

Is the Supercharger tied into the oiling system?

I'd put a oil pressure gauge on so you can see what's going on.

Reactions: mrjp
The superchanger is not tied to the oiling system of the jeep. The jeep has a oil pressure reading in the dash.the oil pressure doesnt seem be be stuck on high mode like the fault suggests...

Is the Supercharger tied into the oiling system?

I wonder if there is more then 1 oil pressure sensor. I've never heard of a oil pump that goes bad and makes the pressure raise.

Maybe the oil pump has a pressure relief valve that is sticking, I know that my Diesel engines have them.

Reactions: mrjp
I wonder if there is more then 1 oil pressure sensor. I've never heard of a oil pump that goes bad and makes the pressure raise.

Maybe the oil pump has a pressure relief valve that is sticking, I know that my Diesel engines have them.
As far as I know there is only the one oil pressure sensor on the oil cooler I feel like there would be other codes if I had high oil pressure like that

This link it may help you, one Post talks about a high and low pressure deal on the oil pump.

I appreciate the link this it what I originally used to diagnose the problem I also thinking I may need to get my ecu/ pcm flashed not really sure at this point.

I appreciate the link this it what I originally used to diagnose the problem I also thinking I may need to get my ecu/ pcm flashed not really sure at this point.
Hey, did you get your ecu/pcm flashed? I’m in the same position. Already had oil pressure sensor replaced and the code came back after a couple hundred miles. Thanks

Oddly enough, I got the PD06DE code after changing oil and filter the last 2 times. I have not been able to find an explanation.

It throws the code under a hard pull on the interstate when the jeep downshifts after the engine is completely warmed approximately 100 miles after the oil/filter change. I use Napa Gold Filter and Napa Synthetic 5W-20 Oil. The code lasts about a day, and then it can be cleared and stays off until the next oil change. I've wondered if the air in the filter cartridge working through the system causes increased pressure until it works completely out.

If anybody finds a definitive answer on this annoying and seeming unnecessary code, please update the post.

anyone figure this out? I have a the same issue living in colorado and i get the code after long pulls in the hills over 3500 RPM. Already had the oil pressure sensor replaced and am now thinking it is the solenoid on the oil pump?